[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
namazu on OS X, UTF-8 problem
- From: Bart Decrem <bart@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:40:52 -0700
- X-ml-name: namazu-users-en
- X-mail-count: 00487
I'm trying to run namazu on OS X, Panther.
Here's what I've done:
- Tried installing 2.0.12 but got a compile error, so checked the
mailing lists, read about the patch. Since I don't know how to apply a
patch, but noticed that the patch was said to be in the upcoming 2.0.13
release, I instead...
- Installed namazu-2.0.13RC2.tar.gz, which I found at
- I was then able to install and run namazu but when it comes across (I
guess) non-US mail, it crashes with the following error:
"Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0xb8, with no
preceding start byte) in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/local/share/namazu/filter/mailnews.pl line 216, <GEN3> line 18."
- Did some more research. One person suggested installing the latest
version of Encore, which I tried to no avail.
- Did some more research. Looks like my problem my have been that my
LANG variables weren't set up right or that UTF-8 was not installed on
my system. So now my env is set to:
Still no luck though.
Here's my question:
- I noticed that there's a file called namazu-2_0_12-uri-utf8.patch.gz.
Would that patch solve my problem if I reverted back to 2.0.12?
- If so, sorry to sound like a newbie, but HOW do I apply this patch to
compile 0.12 on OS X:
http://www.namazu.org/ml/namazu-users-en/msg00432.html? I've never
applied a patch so need newbie instructions.
- Other suggestions for how to solve this problem?
Thanks for your help,