Namazu-users-en(old)

Formats of NMZ.* files

Namazu Developers,

How stable (i.e. unlikely to change) are the formats of the NMZ.*
files?  Especially, the NMZ.field.* files?  Also is there (English)
documentation on the format of the NMZ.*.i files?

The reason I ask is that I desire to have a CGI program that
that will support a persistent URL to an archived email message
based upon message-id.  To achieve this, I need to retrieve the
full filesystem pathname along with the URL to the file.

(Using namazu.cgi is not good enough since a message-id search always
 takes you to a results page instead of to the HTML page directly.)

I would like to use the namazu search interface, but prefer to avoid
doing a shell call.  Plus, I do not know off hand how to get namazu
to format the output into an easily parsed format for the CGI program
to read.

What I have currently done is access the NMZ.field.message-id and
NMZ.field.uri files directly, and parse the .namazurc file to apply the
Replace settings to the uri.  I sequently scan NMZ.field.message-id to
find the message-id and then use the line number to extract the uri to
the message from NMZ.field.uri.  It seems it could be possible to avoid
the sequential scan of NMZ.field.uri by utilizing NMZ.field.uri.i,
but I do not know the format of this file and if it will be easy to
use via Perl.

--ewh