Namazu-users-en(old)

Re: Repost: .namazurc

> Thanks this looks better now, do you know why I'm still
> getting the %20's and %5C's instead of space and \
> respectivley.

Resurrecting an old thread here, but I finally out something that works for
our installation. The documents are hosted on an NT server. Namazu and the
webserver run on a debian linux box.

# $server = [netbios server name]
# $share = [windows share name]
# $user = [valid domain user]

The document share is mounted via samba:

  smbmount //$server/$share /mnt/$server/$share \
  -o username=$user -o ro

Create the index:

  /usr/bin/mknmz --no-encode-uri \
  --output-dir=/var/lib/namazu/$server_$sharename \
  /mnt/$server/$sharename/* \
  > /var/log/mknmz.$server.log

Add this to /etc/namazu/namazurc (<= location in debian, yours may be
somewhere else):

  ## You can specify more than one Replace rules but the only
  ## first-matched rule are applied.

  Replace /mnt/$server/           file://///$server/

Note: the 5 forward slashes after 'file:' are necessary for
Netscape/Mozilla, if you only have IE four will do.

cheers,

-- Matt Wilkie
Geographic Information,
Information Management and Technology,
Yukon Department of Environment
91780 Alaska Hwy * Whitehorse, Yukon * Y1A 5X7
867-667-8133 Tel * 867-393-7003 Fax