Namazu-win32-users-ja(旧)

Re: Namazu Win32 Problems...

Dear Arumugam-san and folks,

 From: "B. Arumugam" <arumugam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: [namazu-win32-users-ja] Namazu Win32 Problems...
 Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:57:30 +0900

 > 1. In the Program, I am executing the mknmz command.
 >     The output of the mknmz command is only the html and txt file..
 >     DOC or XLS or PPT files are not processed.

Please edit configuration file C:\namazu\etc\mknmzrc as follows.
If the descriptions are commented out by '#', please remove them:

$ALLOW_FILE =	".*\\.(?:$HTML_SUFFIX)|.*\\.txt" . # HTML, plain text
 		"|.*\\.gz|.*\\.Z|.*\\.bz2" .       # Compressed files
 		"|.*\\.tex" .   		   # TeX
 		"|.*\\.dvi" . 			   # DVI
 		"|.*\\.ps" . 			   # PostScript
 		"|.*\\.pdf" . 			   # PDF
 		"|.*\\.doc|.*\\.xls|.*\\.ppt" .	   # Word, Excel, PowerPoint
 		"|.*\\.j[sab]w" .                  # Ichitaro 4, 5, 6
 		"|\\d+|[-\\w]+\\.[1-9n]";          # Mail/News, man

 > I looked at the NMZ.status and NMZ.err files.
 > C:/Test/data/ForDad.doc 未対応の形式 (application/msword)無視します
 > C:/Test/data/Meeting.doc 未対応の形式 (application/msword)無視します

The messages show that mknmz detects these Word documents but it
ignores them.  It seems to be that File-MMagic is not installed.
Do you install Namazu-2.0.5 for Win32 using nmz205.zip, not using
nmz205.exe ?  If so, you must run setup script
C:\namazu\nmzsetup.bat manually after extracting the archive.
Also, you must restart the system after running the setup script.
For the detailed instruction, see C:\namazu\README.txt which is
written in Japanese, though.

And, as likely as not, do you use English version of Office 2000 ?
We suppose that mknmz works well on both of English version and
Japanese version, but it is not well-confirmed.

 > 2. Do I need to keep the nkf32.exe under the winnt directory in order to
 > view the Japanese string properly.?

Namazu doesn't need nkf32.exe now.  The latest version of Namazu
uses Perl module of NKF to convert Japanese documents, which is
included in nmz205.exe (or nmz205.zip) and ought to be installed
by installer (or setup script) automatically.

 > 4. Apart from installing nmz205.zip, do I need to install the following.
 >     i) kakasi-2.3.2.zip
 >     ii) enkf3213.zip

Please install KAKASI in order to process Japanese documents.
No need to install nkf for Win32 binary, for Namazu.

 > 5. The readme.txt file is in Japanese.
 >     Can I get the Readme.txt file in english version.?

For Win32, no document written in English is available now.
Sorry for inconvinience, but we hope your generousity.

Best Regards,
Hajime BABA