Namazu-users-en(old)

beginner's queries

Hi,

I am a beginner with Namazu. A few rookie queries related to it.

1. Can Namazu be used to search databases too?
2. I understand that there are no java APIs to call Namazu search functions. Is this true? I need to use it for search requests through the web that are received by a java web server. Does one need to invoke the C functions from java using JNI, or is there another way? Or can the perl interfaces be accessed? What would be the flow of calls like to invoke the namazu search functions (e.g. html->servlet->namazu functionsperhaps..)

TIA,
abhishek.