Namazu-users-en(old)

Re: Problems with mknmz on FreeBSD

In article <2F03DF3DDE57D411AFF4009027B8C3670289CB0A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Jim.Hatfield@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>> mknmz: < /www/index/NMZ.word2.tmp: No such file or directory
>>
>> and the last line of the log file is:
>>
>> * * * Better to use '--targetdir' for writing in another directory * * *
>>
>> Is this caused by the addition of wv????

It's known issue. Namazu 2.0.10 supports only old versions of wvWare,
however latest version (CVS HEAD or stable branch) supports latest
one.

You can use latest wvWare by Latest version of Namazu or
filter/msword.pl. You can get latest msword.pl from our web.
<http://cvs.namazu.org/~checkout~/namazu/filter/msword.pl?rev=1.30>

Get and replace it, so you should use it.

>> Also on a general note, I am confused about the parameter --update=INDEX,
>> is this supposed to be the literal word INDEX or a directory in which the
>> index exist? And if the latter how does it interact with the --output-dir
>> parameter?

--update option requires a directory, not literal word. It is similar
to --output-dir option, but it checks existance of index and trys to
inherit specified arguments last time (it is stored in NMZ.status file).
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: knok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx