Namazu-users-en(old)

Problems with mknmz on FreeBSD

Hi,

I recently installed namazu 2.0.10 on a FreeBSD box.

Initially it was working fine. I run mknmz from the following
script via cron every night:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Web indexer. Uses mknmz to index /www/htdocs and create the
# index files in /www/index. These are searched by namazu.cgi.
#

/usr/local/bin/mknmz                                                    \
        --robots                                                        \
        --replace=s#/www/htdocs/#http://isweb.isltd.insignia.com/#      \
        --output-dir=/www/index                                         \
        --template-dir=/usr/local/share/namazu/template                 \
        /www/htdocs > /var/log/mknmz.log

As you can see my intent is that it indexes the tree below /www/htdocs
and puts the index files into /www/index.

I recently added xpdf and wv so I could index PDF and Word docs. Now
when I run mknmz it exits with the message:

mknmz: < /www/index/NMZ.word2.tmp: No such file or directory

and the last line of the log file is:

* * * Better to use '--targetdir' for writing in another directory * * *

Is this caused by the addition of wv????

I see no mention of the --targetdir parameter in the man pages,
what is it used for?

Also on a general note, I am confused about the parameter --update=INDEX,
is this supposed to be the literal word INDEX or a directory in which the
index exist? And if the latter how does it interact with the --output-dir
parameter?

Regards,

Jim Hatfield