Namazu-users-en(old)

Re: Problem with search using namazu for Japanese strings

In article <20010722103140.26290.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
sandeepr_namazu@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>>  I am having problems with searching the japanese
>> strings. I did all the installations without setting
>> the LANG=ja option. Now when I set the option to ja I
>> try to run the mknmz command I get an error message
>> saying : "Not a catalog file"

It's gettext's probrem.
Solaris has own gettext functions, but Namazu expects GNU gettext.

So you need to rebuild Namazu with --with-included-gettext option in
configure script.

>> I tried reinstalling the namazu with the LANG=ja
>> option; then during the make check; gave the following
>> problems :
>> =====================
>> 18 of 27 tests failed
>> =====================
>>
>> followed by the different errors such as :
>> *** Error code 1
>> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
>> `check-TESTS'
>> *** Error code 1
>> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
>> `check-am'
>> *** Error code 1
>> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
>> `check-recursive'
>> *** Error code 1
>> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
>> `check-recursive'

Hmm... it should be make's probrem or shell's probrem. If the error's
reason is the latter, it should be our mistake.
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: knok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx