Namazu-users-en(old)

Re: Namazu Search..!!

Don't post same question to namazu-users-en and namazu-devel-en both,
please.

In article <3A626633.43E41592@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
arumugam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>>     I do did the process of conversion for the unicode.
>>     Then also failure.

Namazu can't handle Unicode, can handle only ISO-2022-JP (aka JIS
code), Shift-JIS, EUC-Japan.

If you want use Namazu with Japanese document, you need to set LANG
environment variable to 'ja'.

ex.
> set LANG=ja
> mknmz -O index-dir data/file/dir
> namazu 'search string in Japanese' index-dir

'ja' is short cut for 'ja_JP.eucJP'.

>>     Do I have to do anything else to make the indexing faster.?

It seems that you uses Windows environment. Namazu is designed for
Unix environment primary. So running on Windows environment is slower
than Unix.

If you use Unix variant (like Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, ...),
you can get faster easily ;-)
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: knok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx