Namazu-devel-ja(旧)

Re: Out of Memory

Leon> problem lies in how many files Namazu can index.  I have no problem indexing a directory that
Leon> lets say has less than 100,000 files but once the files count goes a little (I haven't
Leon> narrowed down the exact count) above a 100,000 files I get the out of memory error.  The
Leon> machine I'm using has plenty of memory (562m free).  Also, changing the variable contained in

It seems to me the problem arises at the sorting after all the files
to be index are listed.
There is some limitations, but it depends your environment.

Have you checked the shell limitation ?
(1)csh/tcsh  limit (unlimit to actually unlimit)
(2)sh/bash   ulimit

Please show us the status output of
(1)csh/tcsh  limit
(2)sh/bash   ulimit -a

(Datasize is current concern, I believe)

For my case,
makoto@harry  22:38:41/010221(~)> limit
cputime         unlimited
filesize        unlimited
datasize        524288 kbytes
stacksize       1024 kbytes
coredumpsize    unlimited
memoryuse       85252 kbytes
descriptors     64
memorylocked    28417 kbytes
maxproc         80
makoto@harry 22:38:43/010221(~)> sh
$ ulimit -a
time(seconds)        unlimited
file(blocks)         unlimited
data(kbytes)         524288
stack(kbytes)        1024
coredump(blocks)     unlimited
memory(kbytes)       85252
locked memory(kbytes) 28417
process(processes)   80
nofiles(descriptors) 64
$

# By the way, now I understand the proper audience is at
# namazu-users-en@xxxxxxxxxx
---
(Makoto Fujiwara)