[Namazu-users-en] example cgi init file... .htaccess?

john francis lee jfl at robinlea.com
Mon Sep 5 10:43:36 JST 2011

Hi,

I'd like to use namazu with apache. I have namazu configured and it
works from the command line. I suppose I could use php to make a system
call... but that's what cgi is for, right?

I read the instructions :

 ScriptAlias	/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/
 	directory alias to /cgi-bin/ in URI
 AddHandler	cgi-script .cgi
 	execute cgi for files ending with ".cgi"
 AllowOverride	All
 	Allow .htaccess configuration (Web administrator)
 Options 	ExecCGI
 	Allow cgi-bin execution
 DirectoryIndex	index.html
 	file name to display when specifying directory in URI

Do I put those in .htaccess or in the virtual server section of
httpd.conf?

Do I copy them as they are, or modify them for my site? Do I make my
own cgi-bin, or name the directory where all the namazu indices are?
What directory should be the 'directory in URI'? Which URI? I think, in
general, apache already looks for index.html in any directory unless
another is explicitly specified, doesn't it?

namazu works great! Thanks for this wonderful software. And thanks for
any help you might give on cgi configuration.

--
"This message may have been intercepted and read by U.S. government
agencies including the FBI, CIA, and NSA and/or the present government

John Francis Lee
246/3 Thanon Kaew Wai
Mueang Chiangrai 57000
Thailand