[Namazu-users-en] Appending mknmz results to existing index.

Gary Perez gary.perez at asti-usa.com
Wed May 18 03:27:57 JST 2011

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I found that calling mknmz with the -Y option as you described to be somewhat unreliable.

If I created the index only for /A*, and performed a search, I would get 5 A-related results.

If I created the index for /A* through /Z*, and performed the same search, I would get only 1 A-related result (along with other results from different letters).

Regardless, I decided to use separate indexes for each letter, and when running a query, I run it against each of them. I'm happy to say that namazu is fast enough that my users don't know & don't complain.

Thanks,
-Gary