[Namazu-users-en] search is no longer working

Patricia A Moss pmoss4 at csc.com
Fri Mar 13 00:19:30 JST 2009

I copied the namazu.cgi file to /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/ and restarted
mailman.  The error does not exist in the log file anymore.
In my earlier post I said that the search engine was not working. In
actuality, it is working and just not picking up recent posts.  I see the
new posts in the archives, but if I search on a word in one of those posts
the search results don't show the new posts.
Apologies if I lead anyone down the wrong troubleshooting path.

PATI MOSS
System Engineer Sr. Professional
CSC

delivery.
purpose.

Hugh Sasse <hgs at dmu.ac.uk>
03/12/2009 10:42 AM

Patricia A Moss/GIS/CSC at CSC
cc
Tadamasa Teranishi <yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp>, namazu-users-en at namazu.org
Subject
Re: [Namazu-users-en] search is no longer working

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, Patricia A Moss wrote:

> In my httpd log file I see this:
> [Thu Mar 12 09:11:20 2009] [error] [client 20.8.230.130] script not
found
> or unable to stat: /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi, referer:
> https://palinux04.fcg.com/mailman/private/documentumdevelopers/
>
> This is an odd message.  There isn't a namazu.cgi file in
> /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/,

Well, that's what it says.  Should there have been one there, though?
Also, you might want to look a bit earlier in the log to see if this
was invoked from a page with a form on it that did POST to the wrong
place; maybe that page needs updating.

>                            but there is one in each of the
> /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/listname/ directories. I did not make any
changes
> to any of the config.

Perhaps the form was always wrong?  Somebody else changed it and didn't
say?

        Hugh