[Namazu-users-en] search is no longer working

Patricia A Moss pmoss4 at csc.com
Thu Mar 12 23:05:49 JST 2009

In my httpd log file I see this:
[Thu Mar 12 09:11:20 2009] [error] [client 20.8.230.130] script not found
or unable to stat: /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi, referer:
https://palinux04.fcg.com/mailman/private/documentumdevelopers/

This is an odd message.  There isn't a namazu.cgi file in
/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/, but there is one in each of the
/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/listname/ directories. I did not make any changes
to any of the config.

You wrote:
If mknmz doesn't operate, let's move mknmz by hand power and confirm
the log.
I am not sure what this means.
There is a mknmz in /usr/local/bin/. Do you mean that you want me to
remove that from there?

PATI MOSS
System Engineer Sr. Professional
CSC

delivery.
purpose.

Tadamasa Teranishi <yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp>
03/12/2009 09:26 AM

Patricia A Moss/GIS/CSC at CSC
cc
namazu-users-en at namazu.org
Subject
Re: [Namazu-users-en] search is no longer working

Patricia A Moss wrote:

> Good morning.  Just recently, the IP Address of the server that houses
> mailman and namazu was changed.  Since then the search engine does not
> seem to be working anymore.  I did not think that a change of IP

The change of IP Address doesn't influence Namazu.

There might be a problem in the setting of the Web server if namazu.cgi
doesn't operate.
Let's confirm the log of the Web server.

If mknmz doesn't operate, let's move mknmz by hand power and confirm
the log.

The clue is sure to be shown in the log.
TADAMASA TERANISHI  yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp