[Namazu-users-en] Re: "Error! can't open the result format file"

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Fri May 9 03:16:36 JST 2008

On Fri, 9 May 2008, Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:

> Hugh Sasse wrote:
> >
> > C:\namazu\share\locale>mknmz --version
> > Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:\ namazu\bin/mknmz line 250.
>
> "C:\ namazu\bin/mknmz"
>
> Is the space included in passing why? (NO "C:\namazu\bin\mknmz" it Why)

Might be the result of pasting..... (Mail is composed on a sun, using PuTTY
from the WinXP machine...)  Yes, it was an artefact of pasting. Sorry. The
line is unfolded where the space got inserted.

> Does pltests become All PASS?

OK, that fails immediately.  I have Cygwin on here, and so I avoid the
cygwin interpreter by invoking the file directly:

C:\namazu\pltests>alltests.pl
Can't locate NKF.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib C:/
Perl/lib .) at pltests.pl line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at pltests.pl line 34.
Compilation failed in require at C:\namazu\pltests\alltests.pl l
ine 28.

C:\namazu\pltests>

> Try to install Namazu often reading README.txt.

I read that.  Much of it is about HTTP related stuff that I don't need,
and it is not clear which bits are essential, which are optional.

I have:

   ActivePerl
   Windows XP SP 2
   msvcr71.dll   in \Windows\System32
   redist\vcredist_x86.exe    I have two, but one is in the namazu package.
                              Does it need to be on %PATH% ?  Neither is yet.
   namazu and kakasi copied to C:\

   I don't know what the PPM package is.  I don't plan to search images
   so I didn't install it. pbm, ppm are image types.  Now, however:

C:\Documents and Settings\hgs\My Documents\downloads\nmz2.0.18.0
01-win32\nmz2.0.18.001-win32>call ppm install http://www.akaneir
o.jp/PPMPackages/800/NKF.ppd -force
Downloading NKF-2.07.1...done
Unpacking NKF-2.07.1...done
Generating HTML for NKF-2.07.1...done
Updating files in site area...done
   7 files installed
Downloading File-MMagic-1.27...done
Unpacking File-MMagic-1.27...done
Generating HTML for File-MMagic-1.27...done
Updating files in site area...done
   2 files installed
Downloading Text-Kakasi-2.04.1...done
Unpacking Text-Kakasi-2.04.1...done
Generating HTML for Text-Kakasi-2.04.1...done
Updating files in site area...done
   9 files installed
Downloading Search-Namazu-0.96.2...done
Unpacking Search-Namazu-0.96.2...done
Generating HTML for Search-Namazu-0.96.2...done
Updating files in site area...done
   8 files installed

C:\Documents and Settings\hgs\My Documents\downloads\nmz2.0.18.0
01-win32\nmz2.0.18.001-win32>

   Similarly now done ext-uninst; ext-inst
   I'm not using this for the web, so I have not set HTTP_proxy.

   I have added \namazu\bin to %PATH% already.
   I have NOT set %HOME% to namazu, %HOME% is already set to my
   home directory, and is used elsewhere.  What will break in this case?
   If it is necessary, I would suggest allowing %NAMAZU_HOME% or similar.

Pretty much set the remainder as recommended.

Now I get [ I have not unfolded the lines]:

C:\namazu\pltests>pltests.pl
Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/NKF/NKF.dll' for module NKF: l
oad_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/l
ib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at C:\namazu\pltests\pltests.pl line 34
Compilation failed in require at C:\namazu\pltests\pltests.pl li
ne 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\namazu\pltests\pltests.p
l line 34.

C:\namazu\pltests>alltests
Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/NKF/NKF.dll' for module NKF: l
oad_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/l
ib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at pltests.pl line 34
Compilation failed in require at pltests.pl line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at pltests.pl line 34.
Compilation failed in require at alltests.bat line 41.

C:\namazu\pltests>

Invoking this without the commandline, i.e double-clicking
I get a popup message:
  The pocedure entry point Perl_newXS_flags could not be
  located in the dynamic link library perl58.dll
in a popup.

I don't know if having the cygwin tools on my path is causing this.
I'm not sure how to find out: `which` only searches cygwin AFAICS.

        Thank you
        Hugh