[Namazu-users-en] Re: Viewing search results

Tadamasa Teranishi yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Jan 26 16:21:03 JST 2007

harry meyers wrote:

> bknamazu -b firefox some.file

Is it a mistake of bnamazu?

> I can see the current list (1-20) but - if the results are
> more than twenty - I cannot flip through the pages, only the
> first 20 results are shown. It makes no difference which

$ bnamazu
Usage: bnamazu [-n] [-b browser] [namazu's options] <query> [index]...

  -b browser    set your faborite browser for browsing. [lynx]
  -n            open a new window when you browse with netscape.

Notes: Other options will be passed to namazu.

The option of namazu can be specified.

$ namazu --help
namazu 2.0.16, a search program of Namazu.

Usage: namazu [options] <query> [index]...
    -n, --max=NUM        set the number of documents shown to NUM.
    -w, --whence=NUM     set the first number of documents shown to NUM.
    -l, --list           print the results by listing the format.
    -s, --short          print the results in a short format.
        --result=EXT     set NMZ.result.EXT for printing the results.
        --late           sort the documents in late order.
        --early          sort the documents in early order.
        --sort=METHOD    set a sort METHOD (score, date, field:name)
        --ascending      sort in ascending order (default: descending)
    -a, --all            print all results.
      :
      :

* If -a option is specified, everything can be displayed.
  ex) bnamazu -a query index

* If the display beginning number is specified by -w option, it can
  display since the 21st.
  ex) bnamazu -w 20 query index

* If the display number is specified by --max option, 20 or more
  can be displayed.
  ex) bnamazu --max=50 query index

  Please do not use -n of a short option to overlap with the option
  of bnamazu.