[Namazu-users-en] Re: Fwd: Re: config help

Tadamasa Teranishi yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Aug 24 03:45:57 JST 2007

Bill Traynor wrote:

> I have 69 indexes, all at /usr/local/var/namazu/index/<listname>/
> Note that these archives are private, which is why my hostname is
> required to be https://intranet.myhostname.com/archives
>
> I will also have an additional 23 indexes that will be publically
> searchable.  These archives are at http://mydomain.com/archives

As for Namazu, indices up to 64 can be treated.
Please use nmzmerge if you may put these indices together.
Or, Please make the index specifying two or more lists when the index
is made with mknmz.

ex)

$ cd /path/to/lists/web-archive
$ mkdir /usr/local/var/namazu/index/group1
$ mknmz -O /usr/local/var/namazu/index/group1 list1 list2 list3

> Can I accommodate this private/public split somehow with namazu's configs?

It is possible to divide with Replace of .namazurc.
Two or more Replace can be specified.

ex)

Replace /usr/local/var/namazu/index/public http://myhostname.com/public
Replace /usr/local/var/namazu/index/private
https://myhostname.com/private

However, if namazu.cgi is the public, it lists private and it is
possible to search it.

If it is unpleasant, namazu.cgi, .namazurc, indecies is put in two
places.

A) public

The index is made in/usr/local/var/namazu/index/public.

http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi
http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/.namazurc

Index    /usr/local/var/namazu/index/public
Template /usr/local/var/namazu/index/public
Replace /usr/local/var/namazu/index/public http://myhostname.com/public

B) private

The index is made in/usr/local/var/namazu/index/private.

Index    /usr/local/var/namazu/index/private
Template /usr/local/var/namazu/index/private
Replace /usr/local/var/namazu/index/private
https://myhostname.com/private

https://www.example.com/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi
https://www.example.com/cgi-bin/.namazurc

These namazu.cgi, .namazurc shall not be the same places of the
local file.