[Namazu-users-en] Re: Searching by the filename

Sajith VK sajithvk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 17:55:49 JST 2007

Hi Tadamasa,
Thanks a lot for the quick reply..
You are true, namazu is searching for filename as well..
I think I understood the problem clearly now,

My dataset have several files, some pdf files, images, videos and text
files.
Namazu works well for pdf and text files. I can search based on content
or file name.

But for Images and videos, filename based search also fails. I think mknmz
skip these files. Can I instruct mknmz to index the file name of such files?
(I ma using "-a" flag already).

Similarly I have one pdf file whose content is completely in my local
language
(named Malayalam). I think namazu skipped this file too.

Waiting for your suggestions...

On 8/3/07, Tadamasa Teranishi <yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

> Sajith VK wrote:
> >
> > result. I think
> > namazu is indexing the content inside a file, but not the file name.
>
> No, it searches for the filename.
> What is the version of Namazu?
>
> Example)
>
> $ echo abc > test.txt
> $ mknmz test.txt
> $ namazu test.txt .
> Results:

> Total 1 documents matching your query.
>
> 1. test.txt (score: 2)
> Author: unknown
> Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:53:42 +0900
> abc
> /path/test.txt (4 bytes)
>

> Current List: 1 - 1
>
> > My search should consider the following possibilityes
> > * Filename
>
> It is possible to search normally.
>
> However, the field-specified searching can be used.
> ex)
>
> $ namazu +uri:test.txt .
>
> Moreover, it is also possible to set the field for the filename
> search.
> Please add "filename" to "$SEARCH_FIELD" of "mknmzrc".
> And, try to make the new index.
> NMZ.field.filename is sure to be made.
> It is possible to search for the filename field by this.
>
> ex)
> $ namazu +filename:test.txt .
>
> > *meta data in various file formats (?)
>
> Please use the field-specified search.
>
> > * And even name of the directories!
>
> I might want to conceal the original directory name by occasion
> of on security.
> --

Sajith VK
Change the rules, or the rules will change you :Kumaranasan