[Namazu-users-en] Re: Searching by the filename

Tadamasa Teranishi yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Aug 3 17:17:26 JST 2007

Sajith VK wrote:

> result. I think
> namazu is indexing the content inside a file, but not the file name.

No, it searches for the filename.
What is the version of Namazu?

Example)

$ echo abc > test.txt
$ mknmz test.txt
$ namazu test.txt .
Results:

 Total 1 documents matching your query.

1. test.txt (score: 2)
Author: unknown
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:53:42 +0900
abc
/path/test.txt (4 bytes)

Current List: 1 - 1

> My search should consider the following possibilityes
> * Filename

It is possible to search normally.

However, the field-specified searching can be used.
ex)

$ namazu +uri:test.txt .

Moreover, it is also possible to set the field for the filename
search.
Please add "filename" to "$SEARCH_FIELD" of "mknmzrc".
And, try to make the new index.
NMZ.field.filename is sure to be made.
It is possible to search for the filename field by this.

ex)
$ namazu +filename:test.txt .

> *meta data in various file formats (?)

Please use the field-specified search.

> * And even name of the directories!

I might want to conceal the original directory name by occasion
of on security.