[Namazu-users-en] Re: [ (can't open the index) ]] (Solved!)

rex rex at nosyntax.net
Tue Apr 10 07:43:32 JST 2007

Tadamasa Teranishi <yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp> [2007-04-09 00:52]:

> It is ".namazurc" that "namazu.cgi" reads.
> ("namazurc" is not read. )

Yes, I know that now, but the namazu-sample file in the tarball says:

# This is a Namazu configuration file for namazu or namazu.cgi.
#
#  Originally, this file is named 'namazurc-sample'.  so you should
#  copy this to 'namazurc' to make the file effective.

I followed the instructions and didn't see the contradictory
instructions (copy to .namazurc) that appear elsewhere.

> You should make ".namazurc".
> (# mv namazurc .namazurc)

Yes, I've now done that, and it works, thank you.

> * By the way, Though "localhost" is used, Please set a correct host
>   name.

I was only using "localhost" for testing.

> * The index file need not be opened to the public with the Web server.

I ran the command: chmod o-r NMZ*

Thank you for the help. It is very good to have Namazu running.

-rex