[Namazu-users-en] Re: mknmz notworkingforJapanese languagedocuments ?

J. Hart jhart at atr.jp
Fri Jun 30 09:40:12 JST 2006

An additional note:

We are using Namazu with a search web page we have set up here.
I have learned that there are in fact some Japanese strings we are able
to find, but many we that we are unable to find.

What we can find is dependant on the character encoding  setting used by
the browser doing the search.
The documents we built the index from are very likely to be using
several different Japanese character encodings. (ex. Shift_JIS, EUC-JP).

I wonder what effect this might have.

J. Hart