[Namazu-users-en] Re: mknmz not working forJapanese languagedocuments ?

J. Hart jhart at atr.jp
Thu Jun 29 13:25:11 JST 2006

Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:

>Please copy/usr/local/etc/namazu/mknmz-sample, and make mknmzrc.
>Afterwards, edit contents of mknmzrc.
>

>>When I installed the Perl modules to increase the speed, the Japanese
>>text search no longer worked as it did before.
>>

>It is because the Perl module was installed after Namazu is installed.
>
>Please rewrite it in the following content when you use Text::Kakasi
>and the nkf Perl module.
>
>$NKF = "module_nkf";
>$KAKASI = "module_kakasi -ieuc -oeuc -w";
>$WAKATI  = $KAKASI;

Unfortunately this did not help. The Japanese text search does not work
since I put in the Perl modules for NKF and Kakasi. I tried rebuilding
and reinstalling Kakasi, Text-Kakasi, NKF and Namazu in order, but that
did not solve the problem either. It looks like the Perl module
installation left something behind. I will try removing everything
entirely and reinstalling without the Perl modules and see if I get the
Japanese text search back.