[Namazu-users-en] Re: Namazu encoding Unix vs win32

starr at houston.rr.com starr at houston.rr.com
Sun Jun 25 09:11:10 JST 2006

Tadamasa Teranishi <yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp> Writes:

>>  The Shttpd I'm using doesn't convert codings.

> It knows you are not using Apache.
> However, it is not understood whether your Web server changes
> Apache similar encode.

> Please change the setting if in your Web server, there is a setting
> concerning encode.

shttpd (shttpd.sourceforge.net) noes not change encoding.
 It has no parameters to specify that.

 shttpd is elegant in it's simplicity.  a 44K .exe,
  copy it into a directory, which becomes document root,
  click on it and it starts listening on port 80, serving CGI
   and all subdirectories.  Very Solid.

> A previous example is an example in Apache to the last.

>> I'll try to find a stripped down Apache for windows.

> Do you operate correctly in the command line ahead of that?
   Not sure what you mean ?

   command line namazu.exe, run from same cgi directory along with
   same namazurc and NMZ.* index files gets the following:

(I really appreciate your help.  Thank you.)