[Namazu-users-en] Re: Namazu encoding Unix vs win32

starr at houston.rr.com starr at houston.rr.com
Sun Jun 25 07:25:58 JST 2006

Tadamasa Teranishi <yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp> Writes:

> There is a problem in the setting of the Web server if it operates
> normally in the command line.
> Encoding is compulsorily set by setting the Web server.

> The Web server is Apache, and to the configuration file

> SetServerEncoding EUC-JP

PLEASE NOTE: ***
The Apache server I'm running on Unix does not have this directive
configured.
It works fine.  What is the difference ?

> Please operate.

> Please operate it with EUC-JP for other Web servers if there is
> a similar set item.

I'm not using Apache on win98.
 The Shttpd I'm using doesn't convert codings.

I guess I can forget about the pltests.

I'll try to find a stripped down Apache for windows.

However, just a suggestion,
 you may be able to trivially recode in the final output stage of
namazu.cgi.exe.

** I'm still wondering why it works without recoding on Unix ...