[Namazu-users-en] Re: Namazu encoding Unix vs win32

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Jun 25 01:06:17 JST 2006

starr at houston.rr.com writes:

>  I'm trying to generate the Namazu index on Unix (FreeBSD) and search it
> on win32.
>  When the win32 search runs, a considerable amount of garbage is
> produced, along
>  with some echoing of templates.  Unix search works fine.
>  Looks to me like it may be a coding problem.
>  mknmz scripts are identical on the two ports.
>
> I'm scanning English, normal HTML.
>
> Any Idea where the difference is ?

My first guess would be an encoding issue, perhaps unicode v. UTF8?
At least that would be my first guess.  The index files are data
files, not text files.  My next guess would be line-ending convention.

-derek