[Namazu-users-en] Re: Namazu encoding Unix vs win32

Tadamasa Teranishi yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Jun 24 23:15:53 JST 2006

starr �� houston.rr.com wrote:

>  I'm trying to generate the Namazu index on Unix (FreeBSD) and search it
> on win32.

'mknmz' is executed by UNIX and the index is made.
It is possible to retrieve it by using the made index by 'namazu.exe'
of Windows.

The index is compatible.

>  When the win32 search runs, a considerable amount of garbage is
> produced, along
>  with some echoing of templates.  Unix search works fine.

Please explain how to become it concretely.

>  Looks to me like it may be a coding problem.

What are grounds of which it thinks like that?

>  mknmz scripts are identical on the two ports.

What does it mean?

It is necessary to execute mknmz only by UNIX.
Moreover, the Windows version is mknmz.bat, and it is not the same
as mknmz of UNIX in the batch file.

Please present detailed information on the version of Namazu, the
content of namazurc, and the directory composition, etc...

Moreover, how does the result of pltests of Windows become it?