[Namazu-users-en] Re: mknmz not working for Japanese language documents ?

J. Hart jhart at atr.jp
Wed Jul 12 15:38:16 JST 2006

I still seem to be unable to reliably search Japanese documents with
Namazu, but searching English language documents seems to work
perfectly.  We are able to find some documents using Japanese search
terms, but many are not found.

I am building the index as follows :

export LANG=C
mknmz -k --indexing-lang=ja_JP.eucJP -f mknmzrc -O index publications

We are invoking Namazu vi a web page with a cgi script.  What we can
find seems to be affected by how the page encoding is set for the browser.