[Namazu-users-en] meta-information on large binary files

Alexander Oelzant alexander at oelzant.priv.at
Sun Jul 9 03:13:42 JST 2006

Is there any possibility (or planned feature) to have namazu read just a
few Kb of a file in order to extract metadata? In analogy to the mp3
filter I've written an ogg plugin, but for the large radio recordings
it's prohibitively slow.

As the metadata is at the beginning of the stream, the overhead is
exorbitant; maybe there should be a method to just retrieve a chunk at a
time?

I realise this is probably rather a request to namazu-developers, but
I'm still hoping I might have overlooked the appropriate feature ...

hand
   Alexander

--
Alexander Oelzant (Durchlaufstr. 7/4/5, A-1200 Wien)
alexander at oelzant.priv.at aoe at fsinf.htu.tuwien.ac.at
       ex-internic, ripe, bofh, priv.at: !ao418
            +43 1 3500929 +43 676 84441065                                  McQ