[Namazu-users-en] Re: [Fwd: Bad description of query result]

Earl Hood earl at earlhood.com
Sat Sep 3 04:20:49 JST 2005

On September 2, 2005 at 12:36, Rami Addady wrote:

> I tried Earl and Nokubi version of decode_numbered_entity.
>
> None of them give me full solution.
>
> My Hebrew emails (Windows-1255 and UTF-8) are  partly index.  Only the
> Latin character are index.

Namazu does not support UTF-8, and it probably cannot deal with
Windows-1255 as well as the Latin-based 8-bit encodings.

The patches are mainly to keep Namazu from generating malformed index
data versus providing any real support for alternate encodings.

I know UTF-8 support for Namazu has been mentioned in the past, but
I do not know if anyone is actively working on it for Namazu.

--ewh