[Namazu-users-en] Re: namazu stopped working

Tadamasa Teranishi yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon Nov 28 20:02:39 JST 2005

IEM - network operating center wrote:

> >>i guess it is a problem with some multi-byte characters.
> >

> > The cause might be another one.
> > If the document file can be gotten by specifying the document
> > that makes trouble, it is
> > likely to be able to pinpoint the cause.
>
> i am not sure what you mean here.
> should i try to find the document (or one of the documents) that causes
> the trouble?

It is not understood whether the cause of destroying the cause
(8bit character) to which mknmz puts out Warning and the index
is the same.

Therefore, it is necessary to get the document that destroys the
index and to verify it.

> i was able to track the problem down to following line:
> sorry, whenever did you think i&#314;l put windows code in mine?

# Are referred to to the numeric realities?

Does the error occur by nmzchkw.pl when the index is made only with
this document in mknmz?

The index seems not to be broken in the environment in hand.

> if you need the entire document, i can send it of course.

Please send the document that destroys the index.

> > By the way,
> > I think that warning is improved by the following corrections.
> > (no guarantee)
> >
> > -    $$contref =~ tr/\x00-\x08\x0b-\x0c\x0e-\x1a/ /;
> > +    $$contref =~ tr/\x00-\x08\x0b-\x0c\x0e-\x1a\x80-\xff/ /;
> >

> unfortunately this did not help.

How did it become it?
- With Warning generated
- With the index breaks
- The both

> more information on my system:
> the locale is set to "en_GB.ISO-8859-15": i have no idea how this
> happened, since i am in austria (so there is no need to have a british
> locale); could this be related to the problem? should i choose one with
> ISO-8859-1?

It is not ISO-8859-1, and either C will have to be used.
Because Namazu supports only English (US-ASCII).
TADAMASA TERANISHI  yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp