[Namazu-users-en] Re: namazu stopped working

Earl Hood earl at earlhood.com
Sat Nov 26 13:42:19 JST 2005

On November 24, 2005 at 17:28, IEM - network operating center wrote:

> more research revealed, that the byte-offset returned from NMZ.wi points
> into the middle of a line "clean....)"; however, since the so found term
> in "..)" the binary search miserably fails.

Have a look at:
<http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=namazu-users-en&i=200508282022.j7SKMui12953%40gator.earlhood.com>
<http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=namazu-users-en&i=87ek8ats29.wl%40knok.daionet.gr.jp>

Although it is claimed that Namazu only supports English and Japanese,
users have had success with 8-bit charsets, mainly European ones.

Side note: I've had personal experience with problems of Namazu over
NFS, causing index update problems and searching to not work.  If using
NFS, make sure your systems are reliable.  Outages, network or system,
could corrupt an index.

--ewh