[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sat Jun 18 14:01:07 JST 2005

On Jun 17, 2005, at 8:37 PM, Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:

> "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" wrote:
>

>> The malloc(5) fails every time the query is chad but never fails when
>> it is paul.  It is exactly the same call and if a resource was being
>> exhausted malloc would return an error, and not segv.  malloc()
>> should behave the same in both cases since it is the same call ==
>> malloc(5)
>>
>> unless the malloc memory maps were previously corrupted by namazu or
>> some other code...
>>

> The memory might be destroyed somewhere of namazu.cgi.
> It seems that it depends on the content of the index.
> (The index breaks, and the error check of namazu.cgi might be
> loose.)
>
> The problem seems to come to light for this index file and
> "query=chad". (WORD search)
> The problem might not have occurred because "query=chad*" was
> PREFIX_MATCH search. (However, the memory might be still destroyed. )
>
> Might it make a mistake somewhere and it free() it.

Here is some interesting info.  I linked in dmalloc from  http://
dmalloc.com/  in an effort to try and find some memory problems.
However, it does not crash now.  It works with dmalloc linked in.
All of the queries that before would crash work when dmalloc is
linked in.

As of 11pm Friday evening (still Friday here) I do not know what to
do anymore.  I will leave it for a short while and then see what I
can find.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC