[Namazu-users-en] Re: Malformed UTF-8 character

Tadamasa Teranishi yw3t-trns at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Jun 18 05:21:06 JST 2005

Earl Hood wrote:

> On June 18, 2005 at 02:13, Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:
>
> > >   ISO-8859-* character encodings are not officially supported
> > >   in Namazu.  However, some users have reported no problems in
> > >   using Namazu on such data sets.
> >
> > In non-Japanese environment, trouble that Japanese processing
> > passed was found, and, therefore,
> > there was a report that the problem had happened.
>
> Can you be more specific on what the problem was?  Just because
> someone may report a problem does not mean that others are
> having problems.

Even if it has the problem, Namazu is not mysterious because
ISO-8859* is not supported.
The report of trouble has actually reached.
Even with another trouble similarly, it is not mysterious though
the bug fix was done about it.
Because it is not designed to treat ISO-8859* charsets.

Not only mknmz but also namazu and namazu.cgi of it are similar.

It doesn't change even if there is a person who thinks that it can
use it without trouble.

I cannot write "However, some users have reported no problems in
using Namazu on such data sets." in the README file even
if there is a person who thinks that it can use it without trouble.