[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

Earl Hood earl at earlhood.com
Sat Jun 18 03:15:43 JST 2005

On June 17, 2005 at 11:23, "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" wrote:

> According to the apache docs it is "OS Defaults" unless specifically
> set.

What the docs say and what really happens may be two different
things.  It should be fairly quick to write a simple CGI program
to spit out resource limites.

> Additionally, if the process were dying somehow, especially due to
> process limits, the system log would show the death, I would think,
> and the system log does not show the death.

This is not necessarily true, and probably rare.  Any time a program
dies (like out-of-memory if resource limit is hit), I never see
anything in the system logs.  That is an application-level problem,
not a system problem.

BTW, it is possible that memory allocation could be a problem.  It
appears Namazu will spit out a warning if memory could not be
allocated, which could cause the "Premature headers ..." error.

Note, if you ran apache in single process mode, you could run
it under gdb and trace what happens.  Have you even tried running
namazu.cgi on a test server?

--ewh