[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sat Jun 18 02:23:07 JST 2005

On Jun 17, 2005, at 11:16 AM, Earl Hood wrote:

>> The above limit command was done as the same user who is running the
>> cgi as is the shell.  They are the same user.  This apache runs as
>> user mailman and I did a "su - mailman" before I ran "limit" to get
>> the above numbers.
>>

> You cannot absolutely state that the limits are the same, even if
> the uid is the same.  You either need to examine Apache source and
> mod_cgi to see how it deals with limits and invoke CGI programs.

According to the apache docs it is "OS Defaults" unless specifically
set.

This would support what I said above about it being the same.

Additionally, if the process were dying somehow, especially due to
process limits, the system log would show the death, I would think,
and the system log does not show the death.

best
Chad