[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Fri Jun 17 15:13:04 JST 2005

On Jun 16, 2005, at 10:53 PM, Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:

> "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" wrote:
>

>>> Is it understood though the user when executing it in the command
>>> line and the user when executing it from Apache are different
>>> in general?
>>>

>> The above limit command was done as the same user who is running the
>> cgi as is the shell.  They are the same user.  This apache runs as
>> user mailman and I did a "su - mailman" before I ran "limit" to get
>> the above numbers.
>>

> I see.
> It seems to be unquestionable there.
>
> It seems that another limitations except namazu.cgi hang if it
> operates normally when executing it by using same namazu.cgi in
> the command line.
> The cause is not hit on ..what another has...

Thanks for your help.

Some general info on teh apache.  I just updated it to the latest
1.3.33+apachessl 1.55 (Ben-SSL)

Here is the config that was used to make it:

./configure \
"--prefix=/usr/local/apache/apache_object" \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"--enable-module=so" \
"--enable-module=rewrite" \
"--enable-module=apache_ssl" \
"--enable-suexec" \
"--suexec-caller=nobody" \
"--suexec-docroot=/web/xxxxx.com/mailman" \
"--suexec-logfile=/log/apache/mailman.xxxxx.com/suexec.log" \
"--suexec-uidmin=99" \
"--suexec-gidmin=99" \

Apache normally runs as "nobody" but the virtual host that is mailman
runs under the mailman uid and gid (and hence so does namazu).

thanks
Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC