[Namazu-users-en] Re: Malformed UTF-8 character

NOKUBI Takatsugu knok at daionet.gr.jp
Fri Jun 17 14:42:01 JST 2005

At Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:28:05 +0900,
Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:
> > BTW, this is from the Namazu README file:
> >
> >    At the beginning Namazu was made with only intention for
> >    Japanese use.  Now it can handle English and other latin
> >    languages encoded in ISO-8859-* character sets.
> >    ---------------------^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Are you telling me that the README is wrong?
>
> Oh..... README is wrong.

I think, in the past time, it was true because former perl was simple
so we didn't care about encodings.
Nowaday, perl become very complex and consider about many encodings
and locales.

It is easy to remove the fearute and document, however, downgrading
feature is not good for longer users.

Unfortunately I'm not so familiar to recent perl feature...
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: knok at daionet.gr.jp
	knok at namazu.org / knok at debian.org