[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Fri Jun 17 13:25:40 JST 2005

On Jun 16, 2005, at 10:20 PM, Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:

> "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" wrote:
>

>>> It caught to the limitation of RLimitCPU and RLimitMEM ?
>>>

>> I assume this is talking about process limits or something?
>>

> First of all, it is a story of the setting of Apache.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#rlimitcpu
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#rlimitmem

Thanks.  It appears that the defaults would be to use the OS
defaults, which show in the process ulimit shown below

>> cputime         unlimited
>> filesize        unlimited
>> datasize        unlimited
>> stacksize       8192 kbytes
>> coredumpsize    0 kbytes
>> memoryuse       unlimited
>> vmemoryuse      unlimited
>> descriptors     1024
>> memorylocked    unlimited
>> maxproc         7168
>>

> Is this a value of the user who executes CGI?
> Or, is it a value when namazu.cgi operates normally in the command
> line?
>
> Is it understood though the user when executing it in the command
> line and the user when executing it from Apache are different
> in general?

The above limit command was done as the same user who is running the
cgi as is the shell.  They are the same user.  This apache runs as
user mailman and I did a "su - mailman" before I ran "limit" to get
the above numbers.

Chad