[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Fri Jun 17 13:20:36 JST 2005

On Jun 16, 2005, at 10:08 PM, Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:

> "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" wrote:
>

>>> It caught to the limitation of RLimitCPU and RLimitMEM ?
>>>

>> It is that certain new strings are failing as queries, but queries in
>> general aren't failing.  In other words, "shire" as a query was
>> working befoer I rebuilt, now it is not.  But other strings work as
>> query strings.
>>

> Isn't there possibility that the time that hung to the memory and
> the retrieval used increased if the index was changed?
> If the index grows, the resource is needed that much.
> Moreover, a necessary amount of the resource is different according
> to query.
>
> It seems that another limitations except namazu.cgi hang if it
> operates normally when executing it by using same namazu.cgi in
> the command line.
>
> If there is no problem in the value of RLimitCPU and RLimitMEM,
> Is it a limitation of ulimit?
> The difference between the limitation of the resource of the user
> who executes it in the command line and the limitation of the
> resource of the user who executes CGI is thought.
> --

Thank you for your response.  The user running the cgi and the user
running at the shell (command line) are the same user.  I did a su -
mailman to get the shell as the mailman user, which is the user
running the cgi.

The index and the number of documents is small.  This is a small mail
list used by basically two people -- the system owner and me, the
person doing system manager work.  Here is what the search results
say for the query strings that do work.  "This index contains 682
documents and 23,287 keywords."

The issue is that apache is returning an error when certain query
strings are given.  The error is "Premature end of script headers: /
web/xxxxxx.com/mailman/cgi-bin/Admin-List/namazu.cgi"  which happens
when a cgi does not output the necessary headers before it starts to
output its own data.  It sounds to me like namazu is not getting the
query string passed in correctly sometimes, or something like that.

Does namazu have a debug mode I can set for the cgi ? - nothing
seemed obvious when reading the docs and install guide.  Something
that will have the cgi output what it is doing, what it got as a
query string, and what it is sending back to apache -- put into a
debug log?

Thanks
Chad

---