[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Fri Jun 17 05:55:54 JST 2005

On Jun 15, 2005, at 9:59 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

>> Here is a URL that succeeds
>>
>> http://mailman.xxx.com/mailman/Admin-List/namazu.cgi?
>> query=shire&submit=Search%21&max=10&result=normal&sort=score

After I reran mknmz to update the namazu index for this mailmanlist,t
he above query no longer works (but read below)

>> and one that fails
>>
>> http://mailman.xxx.com/mailman/Admin-List/namazu.cgi?
>> query=chad&submit=Search%21&max=10&result=normal&sort=score

This one still does not work but adding a "*" to it so that it is
searching for chad* instead of chad seems to work fine.

Any one have any guesses on this?

I can set the environment variables QUERY_STRING and SCRIPT_NAME at
the shell level and run namazu.cgi from the shell and it seems to
return valid html.

Apache is 1.3.something

Thanks
Chad

>> But from the command line both search terms seem to work.
>>
>> What can I do to debug this?  Unfortunately the apache log or
>> error log does not help me see what is being produced in the
>> failure case.  It just says  "Premature end of script headers: /
>> web/xxxxxx.com/mailman/cgi-bin/Admin-List/namazu.cgi"
>>
>> thanks
>> Chad
>>

>>> --ewh
>>>

>> ---