[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Thu Jun 16 12:59:55 JST 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 12:03 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2005, at 10:35 AM, Earl Hood wrote:
>

>> On June 13, 2005 at 09:51, "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" wrote:
>>

>>> However, a term that fails always fails, and a term that
>>> succeeds always succeeds.
>>>

>> I recommend use the namazu command-line search program.  This
>> way, if there are any errors, you will see them much easier
>> versus trying to debug things via the CGI program.
>>

> Hi
>
> OK, I tried that I think (and I don't get any obvious errors).

I also ran the namazu.cgi from the commandline after setting the env
variables QUESRY_STRING and SCRIPT_NAME .  I did not know what to set
SCRIPT_NAME to so I set it to namazu.cgi .  I set QUERY_STRING so:

QUERY_STRING=query=shire&submit=Search%
21&max=10&result=normal&sort=score
and
QUERY_STRING=query=chad&submit=Search%21&max=10&result=normal&sort=score

and did

% ./namazu.cgi

In both cases it gave a Content-type: text/html header, the requisite
blankline to end the headers, and then the HTML for the results.  In
both cases.  However, if I actually call it in apache the first one
works and the second one gets premature end of headers error...

Very frustrating.  I do not know what to do.

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Chad