[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed Jun 15 03:03:29 JST 2005

On Jun 13, 2005, at 10:35 AM, Earl Hood wrote:

> On June 13, 2005 at 09:51, "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" wrote:
>

>> However, a term that fails always fails, and a term that
>> succeeds always succeeds.
>>

> I recommend use the namazu command-line search program.  This
> way, if there are any errors, you will see them much easier
> versus trying to debug things via the CGI program.

Hi

OK, I tried that I think (and I don't get any obvious errors).

I do a

% namazu -F -h "chad" admin-list/

and it returns the search results

searching for "chad" from the web form gives the apache premature end
of headers failure

I do a

% namazu -F -h "shire" admin-list/

and it returns the search results

searching for "shire" from the web form also returns the search results

The two cgi call URLs look the same except for the query

Here is a URL that succeeds

http://mailman.xxx.com/mailman/Admin-List/namazu.cgi?
query=shire&submit=Search%21&max=10&result=normal&sort=score

and one that fails

http://mailman.xxx.com/mailman/Admin-List/namazu.cgi?
query=chad&submit=Search%21&max=10&result=normal&sort=score

But from the command line both search terms seem to work.

What can I do to debug this?  Unfortunately the apache log or error
log does not help me see what is being produced in the failure case.
It just says  "Premature end of script headers: /web/xxxxxx.com/
mailman/cgi-bin/Admin-List/namazu.cgi"

thanks
Chad