[Namazu-users-en] Re: (no subject)

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed Jul 27 16:09:41 JST 2005

On Jul 19, 2005, at 3:57 PM, NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:

> At Sun, 17 Jul 2005 01:47:04 -0600,
> Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
>
>> I am running mknmz to index a mailman archive and get this...  Was
>> wondering what it is doing.  Running on a gentoo system that belongs
>> to a customer.
>>
>> Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at /usr/bin/mknmz
>> line 2361, <GEN16271> line 1.
>>

> If you use the latest stable release (2.0.14), it seems the following
> line:
>
> # readw: read one pack 'w' word.
> # This code was contributed by <furukawa at tcp-ip.or.jp>.
> sub readw ($) {
>     my $fh = shift;
>     my $ret = '';
>     my $c;
>
>     while (read($fh, $c, 1)){
>         $ret .= $c;                   <- here
>         last unless 0x80 & ord $c;
>     }
>     return unpack('w', $ret);
> }
>
> Usually it always be success because each variables $ret and $c are
> stored anything values.
> So I think it would be something wroing in the execution envrionment.
>
> If you can always reproduce the issue and give me the data to
> reproduce, I would find the reason. Anyway, I need more information.

Hi

It was always reproducible 100% until new data was added to the
mailman archive.  By the time I went and tried the -d debug option,
new data had been added to the archive and it now will not fail.
Sorry.  But thanks for you willingness to help.  Either that or the -
d changes something which causes it to not fail...

ja ne
Until next time
Chad