[Namazu-users-en] Re: (no subject)

NOKUBI Takatsugu knok at daionet.gr.jp
Wed Jul 20 06:57:19 JST 2005

At Sun, 17 Jul 2005 01:47:04 -0600,
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
> I am running mknmz to index a mailman archive and get this...  Was
> wondering what it is doing.  Running on a gentoo system that belongs
> to a customer.
>
> Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at /usr/bin/mknmz
> line 2361, <GEN16271> line 1.

If you use the latest stable release (2.0.14), it seems the following
line:

# readw: read one pack 'w' word.
# This code was contributed by <furukawa at tcp-ip.or.jp>.
sub readw ($) {
    my $fh = shift;
    my $ret = '';
    my $c;

    while (read($fh, $c, 1)){
        $ret .= $c;                   <- here
        last unless 0x80 & ord $c;
    }
    return unpack('w', $ret);
}

Usually it always be success because each variables $ret and $c are
stored anything values.
So I think it would be something wroing in the execution envrionment.

If you can always reproduce the issue and give me the data to
reproduce, I would find the reason. Anyway, I need more information.
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: knok at daionet.gr.jp
	knok at namazu.org / knok at debian.org