[Namazu-users-en] Re: creating, updating and mail searches

NOKUBI Takatsugu knok at daionet.gr.jp
Fri Jan 28 11:54:01 JST 2005

At Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:09:19 +0000,
Eduardo Suarez wrote:
> > There are quite defferent. -O option indicates output directory, and
> > --update option indicates to read options from NMZ.status file instead
> > of command line arguments.
> > So if you create an index once, you can use --update option to ommit
> > other options.
>
> Moreover, what happens if we try to update a index dir with different
> options? does it corrupt the database?

It depends on situation. For example, when you invoke mknmz with -a
option, and if you try second invoking without -a, some files will be
removed from the index. But it is not corrupt, only some files are
missing.

Usually any indice don't break invoking mknmz with diffrent options if
there are no bugs in it.
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: knok at daionet.gr.jp