[Namazu-users-en] Re: Namazu-users-en Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1

knok at daionet.gr.jp knok at daionet.gr.jp
Wed Jun 9 09:45:37 JST 2004

At Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:30:25 +0200 (MEST),
fuerst at gmx.li wrote:
> I've set those line inactive and let mknmz run again. It has slowed down,
> but I let it run until...who knows...(started at Friday, now it's file 36141
> out of 60603 files).
> Is it possible it get slower and slower the more files are to dig? It's not
> moving right now, but over the night it has done some files (4000 files)?

Yes, mknmz will be slow when the target files are growing. mknmz uses
File::Find perl module to digging directories, and it's very slow.

If you want to get faster, try to the following sequence:

$ find $dir -type f > filelist
$ mknmz -F filelist

find(1) is faster than File::Find.
--