[Namazu-devel-en] Namazu without JavaScript

NOKUBI Takatsugu knok at daionet.gr.jp
Fri Sep 11 13:42:09 JST 2015

At Wed, 09 Sep 2015 14:08:11 -0500,
k054 wrote:
> I wonder if there's an established way to use namazu without javascript.
>

> The reason why is that many of our users prefer to use the NoScript
> Firefox addon and namazu is not working for them correctly.
>
> by 'not working correctly' I mean the first search attempr works but
> the second one shows a [ (can't open the index) ] ) error message.

Namazu itself is not depend on Javascript. So it should be a simple
problem. To determine the index location, namazu.cgi reads .namazurc
file in the same directory location of namazu.cgi.

http://www.namazu.org/doc/manual.html.en#cgi

You can check from interactive shell.

$ cd $namazu-cgi-dir
$ env SCRIPT_NAME=namazu.cgi QUERY_STRING= ./namazu.cgi

strace is also useful for the troubleshooting.