Namazu-users-en(old)

Re: running namazu from a cgi script

On June 4, 2003 at 19:38, garg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  I'm trying to execute 'namazu' for a search from
> my own cgi script (I use proper protections, etc.)
>
>  Its not working, however, as it comes back saying
> that I should run 'namazu.cgi' instead.
>
>  Is this a feature of namazu?

Yes it is.  I believe it is done to avoid potential security problems
with run the shell command namazu from a CGI program.

> If so, how can I
> get around it?

If you are careful in how namazu is invoked from a CGI program, security
should not be a problem.  Check out,
<http://www.namazu.org/ml/namazu-users-en/msg00345.html>, for
some template Perl code that you can use to invoke namazu from
a CGI program in a safe way.

--ewh