From: Philip S Tellis [mailto:philip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 10:40 PM
To: 'namazu-users-en@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: Memory Usage

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Collins, Leon wrote:

> ON_MEMORY_MAX to use about 2 gigabytes of that memory but Namazu
> doesn't seem to be using any of the memory I allocated to it.  When
> I use the top command to see how mush memory Namazu is using it's
> about 30-40 megs.  Can anyone offer any suggestions or any help?

Maybe, namazu does not require that much memory?  You have set an upper
limit, not a lower limit.  If namazu needs 1MB, it will use 1MB even if
it has 2GB available.  Isn't that standard with any computer program?

Philip

--
Immortality -- a fate worse than death.
                -- Edgar A. Shoaff

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis
  AIM  philiptellis                         ICQ     129711328