Namazu-users-en(old)

problem with x-sjis encoding

Hi!
I downloaded Namazu and it searches english documents and japanese
documents from the Namazu web site (I don't know what encoding it is)
very well.  But it does not work with japanese documents
encoded in x-sjis. mknmz does index them but namazu returns no results.
We also tried to put Namazu japanese documents and our japanese
documents
in x-sjis in the same index, and again, Namazu documents are searchable
and our documents not (unless I search by english keywords).
I would appreciate any advise.

Second problem: almost always, when I put * in front of a japanese
keyword, the program reports a bug:

Results:
No document matching your query.

You can check
http://venus.bivwood.com/msokolov/nmztempl/index_j.php3
to see it for yourself (this is a search of an index of x-sjis
documents)
also, you may check
http://venus.bivwood.com/msokolov/nmztempl/test.php3
(mixed index)